Big data from social media can give us insight into our relationships, our habits, and the things we care about.
Here is an interesting report of a panel discussion on social media, big data and visualization held at the Vancouver Enterprise Forum.
I’d like to draw your attention to the following 2 parts:
1. While recognizing a trend can help you make better decisions, understanding the cause behind that trend is even more valuable.
Storytelling with social media and big data can make you find this cause.
2. Visualizing social media data to empower individuals.
When the exchange of information between social networks and their users is fair and transparent, individuals can view their own lives and social circles in an entirely new light.
See on blog.hootsuite.com
- Data exploration through visualisation (britishlibrary.typepad.co.uk)
- 10 Reasons Why We Visualise Data (ritholtz.com)
- Essential Resources: Web-based visualisation tools (visualisingdata.com)
- ‘Big Data’ is Hot, But What’s the Next Big Trend? (nasoluca.wordpress.com)